my first born hates my pregnancy

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here.... My first child, who has always been the center of our world, is not excited about the arrival of their upcoming sibling. In fact, they’ve expressed feelings of jealousy and fear of losing our attention. She is 3,5 yo now... We’ve tried to involve them in preparations and talk about how exciting it will be to have a new baby in the house, but nothing seems to help. They’re acting out more and becoming increasingly clingy, which is starting to worry me. Her reaction to my second pregnancy is quite concerning. Once she was patting my belly... I thought she finally changed her mind... But instead she said, "UGLY BABY, you should just die, little baby"... What should I do? I was so surprised, not knowing where those words are coming from. How did you handle introducing a new sibling to your firstborn?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think u should stop forcing/expecting ur firstborn into being excited. 3.5yrs still young, dont know anything yet especially about being an older sibling. and dont show you’re upset that she react this way. Of course she will be jealous. maybe u can let ur lo play with baby dolls and teach ur lo how to interact and care for baby. Or when see other ppl baby show her how to be friendly / play with babies.

Read more

So is it 3.5 years or 1 is 3 yrs old the other is 5 years old. Im kinda confused but i shall assume is just one child only. Try to correct her behaviour before baby come out and once delivered please monitor your eldest child whenever she around the baby.

I never had this problem but try making more exciting by buying toys or things they like and try say “it’s from baby bro/sis” maybe they will change they mind

You can a book to talk abt welcoming another baby to the family or I am a big sister, it might help to show her visually what to expect. Hope it helps!

just continue to show her all the love and affection tell her its ok to have sibblings and they will enjoy each other company ones the baby comes.

TapFluencer

i actually showered more care and concern on my firstborn so he never feels left out...

is your firstborn twins or triplets? why are you using "THEY" "THEIR" and "THEM"? 😱