sign baby is tired

how do you know if a baby is tired? Sometimes she starts crying, and I think it might be because she’s tired, but my sister-in-law keeps insisting that she just wants to play more. I’m worried that I might be missing the signs of tiredness and pushing her too much. What are the clear signs that a baby this age is tired? Here are some things I've noticed, but I’m not sure if they’re related to tiredness: She rubs her eyes and gets a bit fussy. Sometimes she yawns or her movements become slower. She seems less interested in her toys and more irritable. Are these signs of tiredness, or could it be something else? How do you balance playtime and rest? I want to make sure she’s getting the right amount of both.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! It sounds like you're doing a great job paying attention to your baby's cues. It can be tough to figure out if they're tired or just want to play more, especially when others have different opinions. But trust your instincts, mama! The signs you've noticed are definitely common indicators that your baby might be tired. Rubbing their eyes, getting fussy, yawning, slower movements, and being less interested in toys are all classic signs of fatigue in babies. It's important to listen to these signals and give your little one the rest they need. To balance playtime and rest, try to follow a routine that works for both of you. Observe your baby's behavior patterns and look for cues that they're getting tired. When you notice these signs, it's probably a good time to start winding down and helping them ease into nap or bedtime. Creating a calming bedtime routine can also help signal to your baby that it's time to rest. Remember, every baby is different, so it's okay to adjust your approach based on your little one's unique needs. Trust yourself and your bond with your baby - you're doing a wonderful job! Take care! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Trust your instincts. You’re the main caregiver, not your SIL. Ppl have so much to say but you have to trust yourself more. Stick to a sleep-wake routine/schedule, it won’t be 100% the same everyday but it gives you a clear idea of when to feed your baby, and when can you expect her to wake up.