if your water bag bursts or leaks, do u go hospital straight away or wait out for frequent contractions ?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My water bag didn't burst at all. The midwife had to burst the waterbag in the delivery suite. It is advised to head to the hospital when you have signs of labour and your waterbag bursting is a sign of labour. If your waterbag has broken, there is a risk of infection to both the mother and baby, therefore you should head straight to the hospital instead of waiting it out. It's better to be safe than sorry :) http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/health-article/HPB049013

Read more
TapFluencer

This happened to me when I was 32 weeks pregnant. I called the hospital and they told me to go to the hospital straight away. I had my twins 4 hours later.

Go straight to the hospital. In my first baby, I felt I had water leakage, when I arrived in the hospital, the baby came out within 40 mins.

VIP Member

I would go hospital straight, you never know how long labour would take, especially if you’re not a first time mum!

that's my worry too. what will happen to me without my mom? I don't want to give birth on the way or at home.

your water will leak out if you don't and its not good for the baby

if you believe your water is broke go straight to the hospital.

thanks

Hoe do we know water bag is liking ?

My question is how we know when water bag is liking ?

4y ago

You will know, it feels like urinating gradually on the body