If you have small children, would you take your helper when you go on holiday?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would prefer not to, if it's just me and my husband and kids. I'd prefer for my holiday to be a cosy and private family affair. I've seen some families bring their nannies on holidays and they are often left on the sidelines alone while the family has fun. I know it's part and parcel of the job but personally, I wouldn't do it :/ However, if it was a bigger holiday -- with other family members, then yes, I wouldn't mind bringing the nanny, at least there are more people and less awkwardness.

Read more

If you feel you can manage your children with the help of your husband alone, you can choose not to bring your maid. If you feel very stressed without maid's help you should choose to bring her alone as stress will not making the holiday joyful. For me, I do not have helper and quite hands-on in handling kids alone. We went to Hong Kong with 2 kids (5 and 2 years old) and it was pretty manageable with husband's help.

Read more

If you can manage the children without the maid, you can choose not to bring her along but it wouldn't harm to have one more pair of hands to help. With children in tow during a holiday, it will mean you will take longer time for meals, longer time to travel etc but with one more pair of hands, it may fasten the time taken. If it is just one child, I would prefer not to but with two, definitely helps!

Read more

We never bring our helper when we travel. Aside from the added cost, we like our private time to bond with the kids. Travelling without the helper also keeps us grounded, at least we know we are okay even without a helper.

I have two live with us. They’re part of our family and they’re always with my children wherever we go. They’re part of our family they love my children and my children love them.

Personally no, holidays are for the immediate family. Hubby is there to help me look after the kids anyway. And I wold love to have some time just us and the kids.

VIP Member

Really depends on the reason for the holiday. If it's to reconnect with my spouse than it makes sense to bring the helper along so we can have enough couple time.

it would be good kung me helper but since ung budget thinking its more better to spend the money for food and other things while on holiday

I've done both. Depends on the vacation. When she's with us, she is part of the family, not on the sidelines.

No I would try to bond with my child and family on holiday