water

If the baby is exclusively breastfed for 6mos and started eating solids, can we now give her water? Should it be mineral, distilled or boiled water?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hair loss women treatment When it comes to hair loss treatments for women, there are a lot of different solutions available. It can be difficult to figure out which treatment is right for you, especially if you don’t know much about the different options. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common treatments for hair loss in women and how to choose the right one for you. Read more here https://romanhairloss.org/hair-loss-women-treatment/

Read more

Once baby starts solids, you might want to give him a few sips of expressed milk or water after his solids. Some babies need this to prevent constipation. I gave my baby boiled water after every feed of solids. There are times where he rejects water so I will latch him to ensure that he is taking some fluid to prevent constipation and prevent him from being thirsty. Alternatively, you can latch baby after feeding solids.

Read more

Once baby starts on solid, you can start giving sips of boiled water. I normally do so after every 2-3 feeds depending on what I'm feeding. In this way, you can also start training baby to drink water from young. It actually work wonders for my kids as they are drinking lots of water everyday. This prevent constipation and also helps in clearing toxin if any.

Read more

Once the baby starts to take some solid, we need to give some boiled warm water. Firstly, it is for digestion. Secondly, it is for the baby to get used to drinking water and not rejecting the taste. Thirdly, it is to 'rinse' her mouth.

Boiled tap water is recommended as mineral water often contains high levels of sodium which can be harmful to a babies kidneys. Once theyre older, if youre travelling and want to use mineral water, Evian has the lowest sodium content.

Wilkins distilled water when turned 6 months and our pedia also said that boiling tap water is also good. Just make sure that it is boiling for 15 minutes.

You can give water,best is boiled tab water. No mineral water (except evian) because the little ones organs can't handle the high mineral content yet

I have never gave my daughter mineral water. Boiled water as always. She is 3 years old now and still drink boiled water.

thanks

distilled water is the best for our babies