Drinking water for baby?

We are living in a rented house until Aug this year, but I'll be having my baby soon in July. I wonder if I should buy bottled mineral / drinking water to feed my baby? As the kitchen does not equipped with additional water filtration, and we are not planning to install one until we move into a new house. Is it ok or should I boil the water straight from the tap? Thanks all for your advice.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

First, babies don’t need to drink water during the first 6 months. Feed only breast milk or formula milk. It will be best if you can breastfeed/latch your baby directly. But if you are making formula milk, boiled water is ok. But always cool the water to room temperature before making formula milk. You shouldn’t add hot water to formula milk because it could cause clumping and decrease nutrients in the milk.

Read more
VIP Member

I actually got a water filter from PH watersg. 4 filteration system with hot & cold water function. Whole thing with installation is like $4xx only. I found them on carousell. Save alot of hassle when comes to making milk in the middle of the night.

First, remember your baby cannot drink water until he or she is at least six months old. In Singapore, boiled tap water or filtered water is fine.

5y ago

Yes I know that, thanks! But I need water to make her some formula milk in case breast milk is not enough for her?

VIP Member

Just boil from from tap water. I think most of the mom does that. My NB drank boiled water from tap for FM. No issue and growing well.

Super Mum

Boiled tap water - from 6 months of age onwards Distilled water - from 1 year old onwards Mineral water - from 2 years old onwards

Super Mum

You can just boil the water from the tap. The water in Singapore is safe. But do take note that baby should not be drinking plain water.

5y ago

Thank you 😄

if you are making formula milk with boiled water please make sure that is at 70deg c

VIP Member

Just boil tap water when baby is ready to drink. Boiled water should be very safe!

VIP Member

Tap water in Singapore is safe. Just boil it will do 😊 fast and save money too

5y ago

Thank you 😊

I remember that babies do not need to drink water till they are 6 months old.

4y ago

But if for making milk maybe you can consider boiling the water first.