17 Replies

Technically speaking u can. 8 wks is paid by ur employer for maternity benefit and the other 8 wks u can apply from government. But I don't think it's v nice to resign just like that. As a mother I think I can understand u. But as a employer or co-workers I will feel cheated - like - "couldn't u have just said so earlier so that we can make the job arrangements a long time ago?" Kinda feeling

Be careful . I believe the notice period is generally up to the employer to accept. Meaning if u say you want to resign they may tell u u can leave immediately. In that case u may lose ur maternity benefits. Maternity protection is when pregnant according to http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave/maternity-leave/protections-and-obligations

For my company , hr policy is that out of the 4 mths maternity, 2 months must be taken at one go, and the other Two must be cleared within a year . Also the other Two months cannot be used to offset notice period

Best to consult your HR as different companies have different policies. If you're in a large organisation, you can probably check on their intranet for their internal policies.

I would consult the HR to be sure. It's hard to say. Be careful of the fine lines in between. All the best!

VIP Member

yes you can. But it's best to consult your HR as different company have different rules

VIP Member

Do check with your hr. But wouldn't be nice to be paid whilst on maternity leave?(:

VIP Member

Nope. You should resign after your maternity leave and serve your notice period

Hi, Please consult your HR as different companies have different policies

Should can. U can check mom website for more details.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles