Anxiety during Pregnancy

Hi.. I wonder if any mummy out there that struggles with anxiety during pregnancy? How do you cope with it? I struggle to attend my gynae visits and because I feel stress while waiting, I would gag non stop on top of my nausea and it added more stress to it. I have been meditating.. it helps to calm me but I wonder if seeing a psychiatrist and be on medication would help improve the situation.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, Yes I suffer from anxiety throughout my pregnancy and I'm in my third trimester and am seeing a psychiatrist now. It helps. You can talk to your gynae about it, or go to the polyclinic and ask for a referral. That's what I did.

5y ago

Did your psychiatrist prescribe any meds for u?

Hey, yes I do. I have anxiety issues. But it has been much better gradually. I talked to the gynae at KKH and they told me to not take any meds now since I’m pregnant.

5y ago

How did you manage?

Sometimes my mum said I think too much ☹️ My husband too. I drink frappe double Cho at mac when ever I feel no one understand me. I choose to love myself

5y ago

At first I didn't know there will be a glucose test until my 20weeks blood test? I'm so worried with the result. But lucky me 😅.

Super Mum

Does listening to calm music helps? Best is to find someone to talk to

5y ago

Only for a period of time but whenever I'm waiting for my turn outside of gynae office, I couldn't calm myself down and is not up to do anything..

What are your bothering thoughts/concerns that increase your anxiety?

5y ago

I think mainly is my gag.. I can't control it and because of the severity of my gagging, I have not step out of house for a while.. seeing people in general while I gag bothers me a little because it makes everything abit more difficult..

Super Mum

I was more anxious during my 1st trimester

5y ago

I'm at my 13th week now.. somehow feeling very anxious with gynae visits 😔

Must let ur gynae know.

5y ago

My gynae is from kkh. I told him.. but he just say I'll need to refer you to a different department about that. That's when I'm thinking if I should seek private psychologist help instead. Their waiting time should be shorter and more flexible.

Super Mum

Frens n family to help

5y ago

Don't have any good friends or immediate family around. Also very hard to explain to them. Other than my hubby, not even my mom understands.