How your husband support you during your first time pregnancy

I am week 12 pregnant and first time pregnant. The thing is my partner and i are not married yet so after finding out I am pregnant we decide to get married. Our families and friends also didn't know I am pregnant as we decide to wait for the NIPT test to be out before announcing. But I feel that although marriage is in plan but throughout these few weeks, I didn't get any support from my partner. We decided to keep the baby as after our discussion we decide to start a family and move on to the next phase of life. We are in our forties. But as weeks passed since knowing I am pregnant I feel I am not getting any support from my partner, we lived separately still. He is just not proactive and alot of things like marriage stuff, I am the one finding and I just feel jaded and no motivation anymore to do anything about it. I feel abit regretful in keeping the baby as I have no family, friends to discuss my situation and my partner is just non-chalant about alot things. His talks are louder than his actions I feel. He is still living his single life. I have no confident in him being a husband and father now. I express my concerns to him before but after awhile back to square one. I feel so loss now as I don't know what to do now with a baby in me. Anyone has similar situation as me?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same situation as you too, pregnant before i got married. I was 37, almost same like you. We are arguing all the time and once my daughter was out, we ever have more arguments but over time, because we both love our daughter and we give in automatically. Well as both my husband and me was single for very long, we didn’t know to live with another person. But it’s really take time for someone to change. Now I am expecting my second child and my husband really help me up because of our low lying placenta. Give your husband time to adapt married life and being a parent. Since both of you are committed to get married and you already have a baby now. Just give him time adapt as well.

Read more