How your husband support you during your first time pregnancy

I am week 12 pregnant and first time pregnant. The thing is my partner and i are not married yet so after finding out I am pregnant we decide to get married. Our families and friends also didn't know I am pregnant as we decide to wait for the NIPT test to be out before announcing. But I feel that although marriage is in plan but throughout these few weeks, I didn't get any support from my partner. We decided to keep the baby as after our discussion we decide to start a family and move on to the next phase of life. We are in our forties. But as weeks passed since knowing I am pregnant I feel I am not getting any support from my partner, we lived separately still. He is just not proactive and alot of things like marriage stuff, I am the one finding and I just feel jaded and no motivation anymore to do anything about it. I feel abit regretful in keeping the baby as I have no family, friends to discuss my situation and my partner is just non-chalant about alot things. His talks are louder than his actions I feel. He is still living his single life. I have no confident in him being a husband and father now. I express my concerns to him before but after awhile back to square one. I feel so loss now as I don't know what to do now with a baby in me. Anyone has similar situation as me?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Guys think differently from us. But for me, my hb likes kids but I am not. So when we found out i was preggy, he was happier than me. Going to gynae and getting ultrasound scan, i am the one who doesnt smile n talk. So sometimes i feel my gynae is talking to a pc of wood 😅 I believe when baby is out, guys will change abit. Anyway even that i have already given birth last year.. i also feel my hb is in his own world at times… its like i am the only one tinking what we nd to get for our ger. Cheer up ok!

Read more