Happy Breastfeeding Mommas! What is your memorable BF moments?

I was breastfeeding Joaquin for 2 years and I had no plans of stopping until... Joaquin started to depend so much on my breast, not just for drinking milk but whenever he wants to relax, to sleep, and to play with it. It was beginning to get worse cause he has this habit of just lifting my clothes off whenever he wants to - even in public places. And so im starting to worry on how to control him. My parents and in-laws suggested - its about time to stop. So it was days after his 2nd birthday, that with a heavy heart, I grated on an Ampalaya vegetable and extracted the juice. I wiped the juice on my breast and put some Ampalaya shreds before Joaquin latched. After 2 attempts of latching - he stopped. That's how easy it was. But that's also how difficult it was for me because I know our special bonding will be over. Breastfeeding has been one of the most challenging things I have experienced, yet one of the most memorable moments i could ever asked for as a Mom. Those tiny little hands around my chest that I always took photos, both for Cassie & Joaquin, have been so special to me. And no matter how difficult it was for me to produce Milk, i tried my best. Even if I am not exclusively breastfeeding, I feel grateful because somehow I am still able to give them the Milk that they need. Breastmilk is so important especially during the first 1,000 days of our babies because it has nutrients and contains antibodies that helps our babies fight off viruses and bacteria. We all just wants the best for them. As long as we do our best, it's more than enough. We all deserve a tap on the back BF Mommas! Aside from breastfeeding, make sure our Babies are also vaccinated. Join our BakuNation to get facts about vaccination! Here is the link: https://form.theasianparent.com/buildingabakunation PS. This was the photos of Joaquin during his first months while we get some morning sunlight☀️ @theasianparent_ph @viparentsph #BuildingABakuNation #TeamBakuNanay #theAsianparentPH #VIParentsPH

Happy Breastfeeding Mommas! What is your memorable BF moments?
2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
VIP Member

Bittersweet talaga once you stop breastfeeding. I salute you mommy for choosing to go through this wonderful journey with your babies ☺️

VIP Member

iba talaga bond na nagagawa ng pagpapabreastfeed between a mom and child at makakasiguro tayo na healthy si baby kasama ang pagpapabakuna