Maternity Insurance

Hi, I wanted to buy the maternity insurance so I have approach my agent. Prior to that, I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and have make known to my agent on the claims regarding the cysts surgery. So during the session with my agent, she insist I declared that I have ovarian cysts (even my gynae told me this have nothing to do with my pregnancy and my kind of cysts are unlikely to cause complication during delivery). So to apply for this maternity insurance, I need to submit together with my diagnostic report of my ovarian cysts. To make matter worst, my agent was unsure whether I can be insured under maternity insurance. Today, my agent inform me that the company requires me to further furnish, 1) Harmony Test/Oscar Test and 2) week 20 detailed report (I have to bear all the cost). I am so furious! I mean what has my ovarian cysts have to do with the abnormalities of my baby?! I am so angry and decided to withdraw my application. Any mummies with ovarian cysts but managed to get insured under maternity insurance? What maternity insurance (other than GE) do you recommend?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Application for maternity insurance is quite strict as it covers mummy and baby. Not only baby. So it’s better to declare everything and be transparent about your health status. The Oscar test and week 20 detailed report is a common report that’s required by insurer. When you go for the checkup, you can just ask the doctor for the report. There isn’t any additional cost incur - but depends on the gynae/hospital. You may want to try applying from NTUC income cause I just bought mine there.

Read more