Cysts in ovarian during pregnancy

Did my first ultrasound and found a large complex cyst of about 6cm. Dont know when it was there or i developed only after im pregnant. The baby in my womb has no heartbeat im not sure is it cause of the cysts. Doc ask me to remove the baby first and follow up the after a month on cysts as it might disappear. Anyone encountered such issue before? Having 2 fear now...the loss of my baby heartbeat and the cysts issue. Im so afraid of surgery.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, gynae detected a cyst around that size too before I got preg. Gynae gave me meds instead to help me with ovulation and said I didn't need to remove my cyst. He encouraged me to continue trying to have a baby while on the meds. Thankfully we got preg, and now on week 33 with the same cyst accompanying my baby 😅 the cyst grew to 13x14cm. I guess different gynaes have differing opinions on whether to keep the cyst or remove it, cos I changed hosp and the current gynae seems slightly concerned about the size of the cyst.

Read more
TapFluencer

went thru the entire pregnancy & removed cyst together during cs... my the cyst was close to 11cm in my case... 🙏💕

👍

👍