I want to put my daughter (who is a toddler) on the road to academic success which means I'm concerned about her attention span. She doesn't display any problems, but I do hear that it;s an issue for many kids in this day and age. Any suggestion for boosting my daughter's attention span?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Kids really have this innate lack of attention span. However, there are ways to somehow increase toddler's attention according to what I've read: - Give attention to get attention. By constantly keeping focus on your child, you can train him/her to keep attention to certain tasks. - Decrease distractions especially during study time. You can read more about it here: http://www.parents.com/kids/development/intellectual/how-to-improve-attention-spans/

Magbasa pa

Avoid screen time (tablet, TV, smartphone) at least until the age of 2. Games, especially feed short attention spans because of the excitement objective (unlocking stages, quick and flashing graphics, timed games, etc) Surround your child with educational toys (blocks, lego) and things that involve imagination (cardboard boxes, books, tea/cooking sets, etc). Kids with great imaginations can spend hours entertained by simple objects.

Magbasa pa

surround your daughter with books and spend time reading books or watching something educational together with her.