18 years friendship ruined?

I “used” to have two gfs whom we knew since secondary school time till recent year. Let’s name lady A and lady B. I’ve missed lady B birthday celebration for 2 consecutive years and she is very upset with me. I’ve apologised and explain the reasons to her. Verbally she seems to accept it but her whole attitude changes. And lady A seems to be influenced by lady B and A starts to change of attitude towards me. (Which made me upset with how B deal with things) Due to this reason I didn’t tell them I was pregnant that moment. It’s hard for me to tell them all of the sudden that ‘hey’ I’m preggy and due the past few months changes of their behaviour towards me. And only recently when I gave birth lady A eventually texted me. We had a conversation via text and she said that she is utterly disappointed that our years of relationship has been drifted apart and she wanted to end this friendship. Sadly when I replied her that how I felt n etc it seems that she doesn’t accept it hence no replied from her since then. I really do treasure the friendship with both of them but it’s seems that both of them had changes. What should I do to save this friendship back. Both had left our common group chat and it’s seems the end. It’s depressing and losing them seems like losing part of me. Or perhaps I should move on like they do?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cheer up! It seems to me that you have very unaccepting friends. I have a good friend who very often will go MIA on me even on the very day we were suppose to meet and her reasons would be that she’s caught up with work and have unexpected OT every time. I admit I do get frustrated when she stood up on me many times but I believe trust and understanding are very essential in maintaining good and lasting friendships. Trust me if you were my friend and before you tried to explain why you couldn’t make it to my birthday, I will be more worried if you are undergoing any difficult situation hence couldn’t make it than upset of your absence. My advice will be just move on because you have tried your best in salvaging this friendship yet they just don’t appreciate you. In my view, you didn’t lose them- they are the one losing you. Be strong, get more rest and enjoy ur pregnancy !

Read more
Super Mum

Understand you really treasure the friendship with them. However, you have already tried your best in salvaging this friendship and they have made it clear that they wants to end it. It's best to just move on.. I am sure you will be able to meet other new people in your life.

These are female prkblem. I too have missed once or twice meetup and i am now totally out of the group. I too tried to explained, which was verbally accepted but no show in actions. So i guessed its good to move on.

If i were you I would move on just becoz you miss a birthday a true friend will not leave you thats funny focus on yo little one more!!😀😀

TapFluencer

I understand that. But, is time to think of urself before others. People come & go in ur life. What matter most is ur present & future. ☺️

VIP Member

I had experience the same as u recently. but well people come and go, those who stayed are true friends.

Super Mum

Walk away from people that dont appreciate u. U have tried ur best to explain anyway.

I would move on if I were you. Focus on what makes you happy :)

VIP Member

Hi... I think it’s time for you to move on...