I understand that some mummies give their LO fresh milk after 1 year old, because it is "fresh" with lesser chemicals etc.. Just wondering about the nutritious content, in terms of iron and DHA..will it be sufficient for LOs?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/feeding-nutrition/Pages/Why-Formula-Instead-of-Cows-Milk.aspx I think u can find the information here. It depends on how ur LO is eating besides the milk part as most of the nutrients are suppose to come from solids and normal food. I think the iron u can give things like broccoli, spinach etc and dha from fish? Don't need to be perfect combination of food everyday but varied and there is good amount of iron and dha and others intake in a span of a few days is pretty good

Read more

Well, Lo has to be eating a healthy and balanced diet aside from milk. Fresh milk is not given only in asia but also in western countries. Please note on the kind of fresh milk you give. Research before feeding. Alternatively try fresh goats milk. They can even deliver it to your house. I gave my boy both fresh milk and fresh goats milk. Haydairies.com.sg

Read more
7y ago

Thank u! What brands of fresh milk do u give ?

VIP Member

I give farmhouse too :) In terms of nutrients, milk after 1 year old (be it fresh or formula) is just a supplement and no longer the main source of nutrients anymore - hence, you should focus on having a good, balanced diet for LO!

6y ago

That's true! My son's childcare gives milk before nap time too, but he liked the food so much he's too full from lunch to drink his milk so we ended up not packing any 😅

I give farm house and green fields only :)