my lo is on bm and solids and she is 10 months old. i understand the content of iron in bm is low/insufficient for her age. she recently started rejecting cereal (of any kind, prepared various ways). i know i can include high-iron foods like spinach and meats for her but is it sufficient? cause i read that 1 egg only has 0.6mg of iron. and babies this age needs 11mg peer day!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe baby is sick and tired of so soft food alrdy? My friend's baby is like that. Continue to give bm. Just add the broccoli and spinach and meats and liver (a bit will do or will constipate). U can consider Bellamy baby pastas as it has added iron. Just a variety of food, don't mash too much etc. I try to spice up the cereal by adding fruits or veg purée to it or just slightly mashed fruits and veg to it so that it is chewing for them

Read more

I think a well balanced diet is necessary. Include a food that is high in iron everyday like spinach. Sometimes can supplement with iron fortified cereal or pasta. If you don't plan to give formula at all then exposing baby To a variety of food especially meats and spinach will be necessary

VIP Member

Below 1yo, milk is still the main source of nutrients - so you don't have to be too worried yet! At 10mo, you can start introducing thicker/more textured food :)

I gave bm, other then that a balanced diet for meal times. Should be alright. Dont over worry and. Continue feeding as usual.