When should i visit doctor?

Hello, i took 5 pregnancy tests and results came out positive. When should i visit the doctor ? Should i wait until my 2nd trimester ? Please help.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It would be good to go on the 8th week if everything is fine for you. You just need to take folic acid asap. Go to pharmacy. I went on my 9th week to get referral to hosp, and got an apptmnt on my 13th week. I went to poly on my 9th week to avoid doing the transvaginal scan. So when i went for my first hosp appt, i straightaway get to do d Ultrasound and see my baby. So it's up to you, if you're not feeling well or in pain, you may wanna go poly now to get referral apptmnt date to hosp asap.

Read more

If financial permits, please consult your desired gynaecologist as soon as possible otherwise please at least start with folic acid which you may acquire from pharmacy.

You dont have to see doctor straightaway but you have to start taking folic acid asap! Try to get them from local pharmacy. Congrats!

Super Mum

If your finance allows it then go as soon as you can! Doctor can get you started with folic acid, vitamins etc

I did 1 pregnancy test and positive straight away schedule for an appointment. Why the wait?

U can visit as soon as possible to the polyclinic and ask for a referral to the hosp

Super Mum

Can go when you are roughly 8 weeks.. Should be able to hear baby's heartbeat alr

U should call and book and appointment, so doctor can prescribe you folic acid.

When for my 1st appt on my 12 weeks.. But its all depends on individual..

TapFluencer

Congratulations! go after week 8 so that you can hear baby’s heartbeat