Anyone feels the same?

I tend to overthink and worry about what's to come. Can't help but think of how my girl will grow up to become in the future. Heard so many things from friends and I worry she will be easily influenced when she grows older. And I won't be able to help prevent that. Maybe I'm just thinking too far ahead...

Anyone feels the same?
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Parents worry about every single little thing, and honestly sometimes it can get so tiring thinking about all the bad things that could happen (which never did)! Instead of worrying about how easily influenced she will be in the future, how about channelling that as a motivation to teach her the right values now? Eg. If you're worried about her not being able to make the right choices, then teach her how to make decisions from young - don't make every decision for her, tell her the pros/cons of each decision and let her decide. The simplest thing you can do (which also gives them the most satisfaction) is to go out on impromptu trips - just pack what you need to and let your child decide where to go, what to eat, what to do etc. You can start doing thing at any age as soon as they can express their thoughts with gestures or words, I started when my son was around 2 :) All you really need to do is be prepared with the usual things you pack when bringing your child out, and just ask her where she wants to go! If she can't speak yet, then gestures would help. Eg. Point left and say a location and point right for another, then ask where she wants to go and she'll point to the direction she wants to take! If she freezes then you can add things like "if we go to ___, there's ____ and ____ you can do there" and let her decide. It's a really simple thing to do but it teaches them how to make decisions and that their opinion matters :)

Read more

you really think too far. focus on now and present. give good teachings and inculcate good habits. set the foundation right and strong first. the rest will come later as they grow