Is divorce the only option?

I am a single mother of 3 children. Got married early this year to my partner of 4 years and am heavily pregnant. Partner has been nothing but nice towards my children and they adore him very much. Children’s biological father is a no-show parent so children get the fatherly love from my partner. Until after we got married and stayed together. He became very strict and expects everything to go by his way. Told him couple of times that the children feels that he has changed. He realises that and spends more time with children but that only lasted for a few days. Recently we got into an argument. He has this habit of asking and pestering me to answer his questions there and then, even with kids around. After the fourth time he repeatedly asked what i was upset about despite me telling him to allow me to settle the kids and not talk abt it because it will only lead to us fighting, i got fed up and told him what made me upset. He couldn’t find anything to reply me and because he didn’t want to seem like he’s the losing end, he said i was showing a very bad example towards the children for talking the way i did. I said ok and went in the bathroom. Then he got really angry and he started hitting and breaking a few things in the house - in front of the children. My child got really scared and ran towards me crying. I honestly regret marrying him. But I don’t know what else to do. This will be my 2nd divorce and the 2nd time i put my children through such painful ordeal. Am I overreacting or is divorce the only option? I need opinions.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t let the stigma of “2nd divorce” hold you back. Never, ever care what people think about you because it’s your life to live. Turn back and get rid of him if you regret. It’s a warning sign of what’s to come. Big hugs and hope you find the answer within yourself to do what is best.