I am a SAHM with a 21 month old LO. Recently, my LO starts whine for no reason or throw tantrums if she does not get her way. She is on half day preschool and the teachers feedback that she is quite well-behaved in school. She always demands for me and refuses my hubby to handle her. I feel so jaded at time. Care to share your experience as a mother and how you would handle such situation?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That is totally normal. Your child is entering a new phase. There is a reason why it's called the terrible twos. Rest assured that it will get better. You need to continue being their guide gently. Be firm about rules implaced. If she can behave in school, which most kids do. But it's different at home as all attention is focused on them. So they know! Continue having a routine, consistent and be firm.

Read more
VIP Member

21 months is a stage where they start going into the terrible twos stage. Its also a stage where they learnt to be more independent and have a mind of their own. You have to be firm with her. It could be that in school,she have to go through rules. Back home, she tries to go thru things her way. Hang in there. and be very firm in your words.

Read more