Fatigue and hungry all the time

This is my 2nd pregnancy, my first born is 10 months old and I'm now 2 months into my 2nd pregnancy. I understand that all pregnancies are different. But I can't help but feel constant fatigue, and constantly hungry. So hungry like I havent eaten anything in 3 days. And if i dont eat, i will feel nauseous. But i also dont feel like eating as well due to the fatigue. Any advice please? I'm thinking if this fatigue is due to waking up in the middle of the night due to my 10 month old, or because I'm pregnant, or its both? To the point i really just wish and hope i can get hospitalised because thats the only way i can really sleep and rest, without work calling, or mother duties. just inject me with sleeping pills 😭 I read that studies said folic acid causes depression. Could that be im having some depression right now

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

this is my second pregnancy, and I'm having the same symptoms as you : constant fatigue , constant hunger, constant nausea. gynae recommend eating something, no matter how small every 2 hourish and reduce the intake for the 3 main meals (I.e do not eat full or too full for breakfast, lunch and dinner) it kind of helps me sometimes , but not all the time as I'm working and I cannot be constantly eating (yes my appetite changed somewhat and I'm abit picky in what I eat now ) and I'm constantly on the lookout to see what snacks works for me. Ginger works too for the nausea Of cos caring for your 10 month old adds onto draining your energy (not saying its a bad thing caring for your child) , so maybe you can discuss with your husband and see if he is able to take on more during this trimester so that you could rest abit (I totally understand the fatigue is no joke, there are days where I feel like I didn't really did anything intensive and yet I felt very tired like I just done an intense workout) and see if your condition improves next trimester you are not alone mummy. it will be over soon !

Read more

Hi .. i am feeling the same too. This is my 1st pregnancy but its so bad. I feel nauseated 24/7 that I cant do my work well. I just feel like going home n rest. But because I am only week 10 I cant let my boss know yet. I feel so useless at home because I rested only. I dont cook, I keep ordering food which is so expensive but I can’t help it. Only moments I feel better is when I do laundry and a bit of house work. But I feel so helpless and so tired and so weak. I went to A&E n they say I just have a very bad case of morning sickness. They gave me the medicine to take. I took all the medicine but it didn’t help much. Any advice on how to make this nausea better? I haven’t even went to 2nd trimester, i feel like I am falling apart 😭

Read more

I’m in week 14 now and my first pregnancy. I experienced lack of appetite between week 5-6 (only have light breakfast and lunch, pretty much skipped dinner these 2 weeks), constant fatigue between week 5-12 , after that, these symptoms significantly eased up. You may want to try having very light bites throughout the day? Instead of a normal full meal, it might be easier if you take little bites. It worked for me when I was feeling so lethargic I didn’t want to do anything, even eating or drinking. I literally just took biscuits, bread, milk, milo, fruits every now and then. It helped!

Read more