Low posterior mid placenta

This is my first pregnancy and just went for my 20w detailed scan. Doc told me i have low posterior mid placenta but told me its very common and still normal for 20w and nothing to be worried about. Saying itll move up as baby grows. Altho docs says nothing to worry or do about it. Is it normal for 20w and do any mummies placenta move up afterwards and had normal delivery? Just need some reassurance as im the type that always overthink over the smallest things (‘:

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes it’s verryyyyy normal. mine was low and even covering the cervix even, it moved up at week 36 and i had natural delivery. moreover yours is in a better position than mine. don’t worry so much.

Yes it’s very common. Weeks later it should move up, this affects me when I try to purchase maternity insurance. Later weeks it move to normal position and I reapply my insurance with doctor’s letter.

I had the same issue too at week 20. I'm at week 35 now and the placenta has moved up. so not to worry! I'm hoping for a normal delivery too! all the best to you!

don't worry too much, it's common. I also had low placenta and it automatically moved up at around week 32.

Yes. mine moved up at wk 25! just sleep on left side

TapFluencer

🙏