MIL problem

I need advice from you all pls. My MIL is staying with us..And i am having problem... i mean it is normal to argue and sometime raise your voice when you argue with your husband, isn't it? But my MIL will show me black face whenever I argue with my husband. I don't think it's fair for for me. Even after my husband and I made up, she will continue giving me black face and not talk to me properly like she talks to her son. I feel so alone whenever my husband and I argue. Cause my MIL and my husband will be together like one gang. The reason my MIL is staying with us is because she helps to take care of my little one. What should I do? P/s: it is my husband and my house. So don't think I am moving out.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I feel you. It’s normal to have arguments between couples. But do try to control and not argue in front of her? Have you considered putting your LO in childcare? You can talk to your husband about his mum’s behaviour but it’s hard to change a elder’s behaviour especially when they don’t see you as a family member. It’s also not healthy for your LO to see grandma and daddy treat you like this.

Read more