Pain of losing a child

I just lost my child yesterday, a complete miscarriage in just one snap. It's not just the pain of miscarriage but the pain that I lost the opportunity to see him, to hug him, to hear him say his first word, see him take his first step, get him to his first school, bond with him, see him grow, provide him all the things and love and care he needed. It's not the "if only" that is painful it is the "what if, what could or what would" that is absolutely painful. It's unbearable, no mother deserves to lose a child she had so much hoped for. People kept saying atleast I have an angel if only they knew that my little one would still be angel even if he is alive and that hits me so hard. I told him we can make it together, it's just him and me and we would still have a blast and happy life, but my baby left me and silently slipped from my grip. We could have been the best buddies. I feel so sore, numb, and dead.

28 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Same with what happened to me last 2018. It is my regular check up, I was 12 weeks pregnant and I told my Ob that there is a very thin line of brown discharge that I found in my undies. She checked for the heartbeat via Doppler and was not able to find any. She recommended to have an ultrasound and there we confirmed that I had an Intrauterine Fetal Demise. My baby was just 7 weeks old and 5 days, seems like he/she stopped developing and had been dead for quite a while. Me and my husband went straight to the mall and bought tickets to the cinema, not to watch but to cry in the balcony because we can't come home yet. I can't tell my then 4 yr old first born that his brother/sister is gone. This happened weeks before our wedding. I was a mess. I can't understand why. When I had my first born, I was not ready, I was so young and the biological father left me while pregnant. But I am so ready with the second one, everyone is excited. My fiance is going to be a great dad just as he did with my first born whom he loves as his own. My then fiance told me, never to keep the hurt in my heart. Never to be mad at God. He is hurting and he lost a child too but he was saying those words to me. It helped me a lot and I kept believing. We got married and now after a year of the miscarriage I am 7mos pregnant with our baby boy. It surely took all the time it needed. But God helped us heal. I am sure He will do the same thing with you. Just keep the faith.

Magbasa pa