Tummy time

Hello, I like to know how you mummies incorporate tummy time into your LO scheduled currently my LO is 5 weeks old and he has been really sleepy after feed, hence I couldn’t find a chance to have tummy time with him. Even if at times he is alert after feed, I understand that we need to wait a while before we can do tummy time. Hence by then he would want to sleep and is cranky. How do u all incorporate tummy time, how long is each session for a newborn? How long do u all wait for feed?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

If he sleep a lot that's fine, newborns tend to sleep a lot but from 2-3 months they will start being awake more. At first I used to do only once or twice a day, a minute at a time at most. Their head control is not good so they won't like it. Slowly increase the frequency & duration once they are more awake & used to it. Good luck!

Read more

It's best to start tummy time when your baby's neck muscles are stronger and they can hold their heads up. Try it just after bath time when your baby is alert and active.

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/tummy-time-for-baby-basics

VIP Member

I actually put him on my chest and he like to lift his head to look at me.

I usually do it after bath time, and just for a minute or 2

VIP Member

When baby wakes n play full let him have his tummy time ..

Super Mum

I did so for a while before or after shower.

After bath time :)