My boy is 4 months plus , we started tummy time with him quite late. How often do u do tummy time with ur babies at this age, n how long is each duration?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was not very hardworking with doing tummy time for my gal too. I started around 3 mo but I hardly did it because she had reflux then and she is very fussy when I flip her over. I was also very concerned at that time. I think the recommended no of times is two to three times a day for 3-5 mins. I was only doing it like once or twice a day. She did go on to flip around 5mo plus going 6, maybe a bit later than other babies but she still caught up with the other milestones after that. Try to do as much as you can but if you can't don't fret about it.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks I hope my son will roll soon unlike my girl who rolled over at 3 months plus even though I dun rmb doing tummy time with her but she liked to slp on my chest so maybe considered tummy time for her

I started late too. Cause I didn't know I have to do it until late 2nd mth. He didn't like tummy time after that. Timing wise should depend on ur baby and gradually increase. Actually the traditional way of carrying bb upright I feel improves neck control for the baby faster than tummy time. By using the carrying method I'm able to savage the poor neck control within 2 + wks n bb dev very fast after that

Read more

Not more than 5 mins - I did it about 2-3 times a day - mostly after diaper chnge

8y ago

Thanks!