Hi, I would like to check if it's possible for me to apply a flat with my Son? The Father has went mia and couldn't be found. Not giving us a single cent. And is also not a singaporean.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you are a Singaporean and a divorcee, you can apply with hdb. However if you are a single mom. Then you will not be eligible. You can call hdb and they will assist you. If you need more assistance proceed to see the Mp and family service center. They will be able to guide you accordingly.

If ur legally married with ur Husband and he MIA for dunno 2 or 3 years then u can divorce without his concern then u can get a flat under divorcee scheme. But if ur. Single parent u cannot apply a flat unless ur 35yo above. If u dun divorce u cannot apply a flat alone.

VIP Member

I (divorcee) applied for a 3rm flat with my son name (who was then 4yrs old) and we got the hse. It's called the family nuclear scheme. Son and I form a family nuclear thus we are able to get it.

If both u n ur Son are pr or citizen can but note that u will be using up ur son's chance of getting a new flat next time

7y ago

Ur Son = baby? If he's not a full fletched adult get u can't apply flat wth him.

Your son below 18yo I think cannot. My parents divorced whn I 16yo, wasn't allowed to add my name as co owner

You can try to call hdb hotline and ask.

Call HDB to ask. Why don't u divorce ur husband

7y ago

u can actually annul ur marriage within a year

Are u and ur Son PR or citizen?

7y ago

Yes we both are singaporean