how do you cut your baby's finger nails??

May I know how you usually cut your baby's finger nails? Did you distract your baby?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cut when feeding. Practice makes perfect. At the beginning I cut until he bleed 2 times, now I can use my face to support the bottle while cut his nails at the same time. If direct latch, lie down to latch and cut. After having baby I realized human body is quite flexible, feel like I’m doing yoga everyday..

Read more

I cut after she is done feeding and doesn't want to sleep. Just hold the fingers tight and be careful. Shes OK with it and doesn't fuss. Don't cut too deep and if u find it still long after cutting or sharp u can file a little. :)

TapFluencer

I bought the nail clipper from peigion brand. Usually i will have a routine where i will only cut her nails every monday after bathing. The routine stick till today and my lo look forward to it.

Buy those nail clippers for babies. Usually i just cut the nails after bathing.. for each of my child up till now i dont need any distractions. They will just willingly volunteer..

VIP Member

hi I use the nail clippers which has magnifying glass attached so it is easier to see. I do it when she’s awake so she can get used to it. You can also use this scissors

Post reply image
VIP Member

Cutting baby’s nails are always a challenge for me. Gotta rope in hubby or mums help. One of us hold and distract baby and the other to cut nails. Teamwork

VIP Member

I use an electric nail trimmer, 1yr old still hates it. Have been using food/toys to distract for awhile now... usually one of us distract, the other trims.

Super Mum

I will do it when she's awake and fresh like early in the morning or after a nap. Usually she will be okay... :)

Using an electric filer for the last 15mths. No accident and can file very short.

TapFluencer

I cut the nails and someone else distracts my lo ... easier to get my task done