How should you cut small baby's nails? I am a little scared..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i use a baby nail cutter as the edges are blunt and the cutter is also not too sharp. it does the job perfectly without any risk of cuts to the skin. make sure you do not cut too close to the nail bed or skin, and trim off only from the very top. also, it is best to do so after a bath, as the nails will be really soft. i used to do it while my newborn was asleep.

Read more

Use a baby nail clipper and be careful cutting the tip of the nails, I used to cut my daughter's nails then all of a sudden I cut too deep and it starts bleeding then after that incident whenever I am cutting her nails I will stop everything around me literally, I will turn off all appliances to lessen the noises and to focus on cutting her nails.

Read more

My mother taught me to cut tiny nails carefully. You can either use soft blunt scissors or a small baby nailcutter. I used the latter for my newborn and usually cut my daughter's nails while she was sleeping or while I was breastfeeding her. They are at their calmest during these two times :)

I use nail files (emery board) too! Also because I ended up clipping her skin as well. Seems like its common mishap with nail clippers!

I use those blunt edge scissors. Think that's easier than using a nail clipper .

Best to cut after babies shower as the nails are soften easier to cut.

I use a baby nail scissors. The nail clippers are not as safe.