my parental abilities

I keep on having doubts about my parental abilities and can't somehow talk to my wife about it. She is 7 weeks pregnant and now I am starting to worry. Any suggestions?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What you are feeling is very natural... So don't think that just because you fear this that it will be real. It is true that a lot of focus on preparing for a baby is pointed towards an expectant mother, leaving the dad guessing. everal factors can cause pregnancy anxiety for men, but a study published in 2007 in "Fathering: A Journal of Theory, Research, and Practice about Men as Fathers" suggests that a man's own childhood plays a significant role. In the study, which examined the effects of pregnancy on 152 couples, men who had very strong or very distant relationships with their own parents were less likely to feel anxious about becoming fathers. Not surprisingly, men who believed their fathers had done a good job parenting felt more confident--and less anxious--about their own parenting abilities. Join forums and talk to others in your similar situations. This will definitely make you feel better.

Read more

I feel you bro!! Let me share my personal experience (anonymously ;) I was petty much shocked to see the enthusiasm that my wife showed when she gave me the news. I was perplexed to go through all the books people recommended from amazon. To say the least, I had to talk to my counsellor from work who told me to focus and divide the problem into smaller parts and all would be well eventually. 1) Don't panic 2) Focus only on the now 3) Keep your wife healthy both mentally and physically. She is worried too. 4) Choose a good gynae if you haven't already and talk to her about your issues. 5) Talk to your colleagues who have been through similar journey. 6) Stay mentally strong for the both of you. Best of luck!!!

Read more

Have you observed him deleting some messages or putting the password on his phone so as you don't have access to it? Has he been experiencing very irritating mood swings every time he comes home? If so, then it's an indication that he must be doing something that is potentially dangerous or he might be cheating on you. If you want to free yourself from doubt without causing chaos in the house, then track his activities. With help of JOSE I was able to monitor my kids and spy on my partner phone without them knowing. If you feel your spouse is texting or seeing another woman or man and you can quite get a real evidence to clear those doubts and know where you stand in the relationship. WWW.HACKERSPYVILLE.COM

Read more
Post reply image

No parent gets it right the first time. I suspect not even the second or third! What's important is being there for your wife. The moments right before and right after giving birth are incredibly difficult and exhausting so support her in any way you can. Sleep deprivation will turn you both into monsters so just go with what keeps you both sane. Sometimes you'll hear people tell you you have to do this or that to be a good parent... but honestly, happy mom & dad = happy baby. Don't be too pressured; just do what you can :)

Read more

Don't think so much first. You will learn as baby comes along and practice makes perfect. E.g changing diapers, disciplines, playtime and etc., you can't learn from books but you will learn when baby is here. For now, just enjoy the couple moment with your wife before the little one popping.

you don't have to worry for any skill. it's as feeling that will make this happen for you. Be supportive to your wife. Spend quality time with her especially in her last few weeks of her pregnancy. Be with her as much as you can, talk to your family.

thanks

VIP Member

What are your biggest concerns?