I just noticed that my 4 month-old baby has lost weight after sending her to infant care for 3 weeks. Teachers have informed me that she doesn't take the bottle well and has been crying frequently. Her weight on 11 Jan read 6.3kg and today 19 Jan she weighs only 6kg. Should I be worried or this is considered normal? I feed on demand when she comes back from infant care.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to check with the teacher on the feeding schedules and why she is not drinking well. Also, find out the reasons why she is crying by checking with the teachers and ask how does the teacher handling baby's cries. I think it is quite normal for children to lost weight when they are adjusting to new environment and new people. Normally the adjustment and crying might take up to 1 to 2 months for some babies.

Read more
3y ago

my 3 month + old girl after a week she start at infant care, her bottle feeding having some problem.. she sucking but the milk flow never decrease.. she never drink every 3 hours.. the longest she drink after last fed is 9hrs.. when see PD, her weight never decrease.. should I worried?

300 gm is not a great drop, but it is something to worry about nonetheless. If your child is not feeding well, it is also a cause of concern. However, do not worry about it too much but make sure you speak to the teachers and ask them to help you out. May be your baby is taking time to adjust to the new routine and this is why he is not feeding well.

Read more

thanks