Abortion

I hope nobody is going to judge me for asking/sharing this. I am due to get married in 2 weeks time(postponed due to situation), but just found out im 8 weeks pregnant. It’s hard as i fear this will affect my family considering my background (muslim). The thought of knowing family will be embarrassed really gets me. I am contemplating on terminating the pregnancy as i am half hearted. What would you do if you were me?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ya Allah, please do not terminate your pregnancy my dear. Please. Right now I know you’re scared. But you must know that killing is a sinful act and will drag you to Neraka Jahanam. You must understand the importance of this. I did a termination when I was 10 weeks, and I wasn’t even gonna get married anytime soon at that time. I was just scared and my ex-bf immediately wanted me to abort it. I didn’t think much, went for a scan and I saw the heartbeat, still had no remorse whatsoever. Went for the termination, came out and a sense of guilt washed over me. I felt a tear rolled down my cheek. My life became hell after that. I got my retribution right after. الله marah sangat dengan I. Hukumnya haram kalau dah berzina apatah lagi mengandung kan anak yg di luar nikah. Tapi hukumnya lagi haram kalau membunuh nyawa yg tidak bersalah. Has it ever crossed your mind if this will be your ONLY opportunity to get pregnant? Kita tak tau balasan الله mcm mana. Yes, you will ruin everything else, you will hurt your family, his family, but trust me, trust Allah especially. Everything happens for a reason. After I did my termination, I left all the invoices in my car. Couple of weeks later, memang الله nak tunjukkan lah, my father did a clean up in my car and found those invoices. I got hell from them. Mind you, I came from a very strict background where my mom would still fetch my from school at 17 years old. But the thing that shocked me was when my mom mentioned this to me, “Kau tau tak gugurkan anak itu berdosa besar? Kira kau membunuh kau tau tak?” I could feel the weight of that sentence. I wasn’t even prepared to hear it. I thought they were gonna beat me up and all that but Ya Allah, if I had known, I wouldn’t have gone for the abortion at all. It didn’t stop there, my life came with retributions after retributions. Trials after trials. Allah marah sangat, my dear. I just turned 18 back then when I had the abortion and it took me 8 years to return back to Him. 8 bloody long wasteful years. What I can advise is, you have to talk to someone. Like a cousin, or an aunt. Someone who can be a mediator in your family. People will talk, people will shun you and your family. Tapi ingat lah kisah Maryam yg dihina bila Allah kurniakan dia dengan seorang bayi sedangkan dia masih lagi suci tak pernah ada orang sentuh. Semua orang mencaci dan menghina Maryam tapi dorang tak tau, Allah pilih hatinya yg suci untuk menghamilkan insan seorang Nabi (Nabi Isa A.S). Will we be those yg menghina atau those yg terima qada dan qadar Allah? Jangan buat kerja Allah, ini semua ada hikmahnya. Tabah lah menghadapi dugaan yg akan melanda my dear, you must not do a termination at all costs. Talk to someone, a social worker from Mendaki (I don’t know if this is the right channel) or whoever can be a mediator. If you haven’t already followed Fynn Jamal on her IG, please do so. PM her about this. She can help you.

Read more
4y ago

Hmm good question, actually not that I know of in Singapore. Gitu dah ibaratkan menghalalkan apa yg haram. Anak tu tetap anak di luar perkahwinan. Kalau dia anak perempuan, bila kahwin nanti tak boleh her own father instead must be wali hakim. Cannot be Naib Kadi, must be Kadi. So does that constitute to anak tu sah dan boleh di bin/binte kan Ayah nya walaupon di lahirkan Lepas nikah? The fact of the matter is, anak tu was conceived BEFORE you nikah. Majority Muslims berpendapat and inclined to fatwa that when a child is conceived di luar pernikahan due to berzina or rogol, you need to bin/binte kan one of the 99 names of Allah selain dari Abdullah. But different countries, different states, different fatwa. Regarding sah taraf ke tidak after dilahirkan 6 bulan selepas nikah, you need to clarify with MUIS. Wallahu’alam.