surviving without family as a teen mom .

i just want to share my story a little bit . im 18 , working and schooling . 2 weeks ago i found out i was pregnant , everyone thought i was crazy that im happy i have a little me growing inside of me . But once i give birth , i will be moving out . im quite lost . my mom said “Either you abort so you dont shame our family or keep and you will no longer be part of this family .” Anyone reading might think im crazy for still wanting to keep my baby . but this is what i needed and been looking for in my life . Any advice would be good , please no shame or hate :)z #firstTime_mom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m sorry to hear that your family weren’t supportive of your decision to keep the baby 🥺 For a more practical advice, the SCWO provides temporary shelter for single moms and their children while they kinda figure out their lives. I’m not sure about the eligibility criteria though, but not harm checking it out. You may also wanna tap into whatever resources you can to support yourself and your babe eg MSF or family service centres. You got this! 💪🏻

Read more
16h ago

thankyou so much for this advice ! would definitely help and will check it out ! 🫶🏼

You are very brave mummy-to-be. It takes time to convince your parents, mum’s are usually very concerned about daughter’s well being. Specially at your age it is not easy for you to go through studies, working and pregnancy alone. So, I would suggest you have someone who knows you well and share thoughts together. Please don’t face it alone ya. I wish you all the best ❤️

Read more
16h ago

That’s so great to hear it. ❤️😍

*hugs* you're a really strong woman at your age. Perhaps your mom was just saying it out of anger as she still needs more time to accept it. But however if it turns out otherwise, you can start by calling msf for their advice and see how they can help you financially. All the best to you

16h ago

okie ! thankyou so much 🫶🏼