Just a mom sharing her thoughts

I gave birth 5 days ago when my child was only 38 weeks few days. I have been keeping this to myself but feel i needed to let it out as i feel it eating me and slowly making me depressed. I am feeling really guilty for inducing labour. Reason why i did was due to baby size. I could have waited for the right time but didn’t want to go for c sectiondue to baby big size so decided to induce and have baby early. I don’t know why but i feel like I forced it out and now i am missing being pregnant at the same time guilty for forcing birth. If you get what i mean? Haven’t been myself lately. Just hope letting out will make me better

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont feel bad for yourself. Sometimes we prone to make decision based on what's best for us and baby esp in terms of health/giving birth. To each are the choices for individual, dont have the mum's guilt. Inducing labour can be positive respond meaning it will go smooth or otherwise, meaning emergency c section. If baby's too big, but your birth canal is small, it can cause tearing if you can't push baby out, hence you make the right choice of inducing labour. Not everyone can go through vaginal birth if baby's big in size. It can also lead to vaginal assisted delivery like forceps, vacuum and last option c section. Well, some people may say you can wait till EDD, but what are the chances of waiting? What if waterbag dont burst, and you still go for induce at full term? Or you still go C section at full term due to baby's size? For me, first child I wanted all natural but ended with induce at 41 weeks, I used the gas, jab and epidural. And ended the birth journey with vacuum assisted because I choose that option instead of c section. And baby's head was too huge with her heartbeat dropping drastically. Dont be disheartened nor discourage with the decision you've made. As long as baby and you are healthy as well as safe. Do take care and heal yourself ❤

Read more
1y ago

Thank you for being kind and nice and not judging me. Thank you for taking your time to reply me. Though this isn’t my first pregnancy, this time round, i find it very hard to feel normal and okay again. But thank you again.

Momma’s feelings matter too! don’t beat yourself up for choosing to induce because what matters is you had the birth plan you wanted and baby is healthy and physically with you now. I’m sure it’s the hormones at play right now. Do speak with your husband or loved one for support ok? Hang in there 💪🏻

Read more
1y ago

Thank you for being kind and nice and not judging me. Thank you for taking your time to reply me. Though this isn’t my first pregnancy, this time round, i find it very hard to feel normal and okay again. But thank you again.