Abortion

I hope nobody is going to judge me for asking/sharing this. I am due to get married in 2 weeks time(postponed due to situation), but just found out im 8 weeks pregnant. It’s hard as i fear this will affect my family considering my background (muslim). The thought of knowing family will be embarrassed really gets me. I am contemplating on terminating the pregnancy as i am half hearted. What would you do if you were me?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I found out i was pregnant 1mth before my ROM date. I was worried to let my family know as well as they are the conservative kind. But after i let them know of the pregnancy, they are still very happy about it. And since you already have plan to get marry, I dont think there will be any objection from family..

Read more

Do u think by abort the baby is the way to run away from ur mistake? Nope.. Like people say.. Pandai buat pandai tanggung jawab.. Sit and talk with ur other half.. Bawak bincang between both family.. By just aborting the baby will not solve the problem.. Yes di dunie.. Tapi diakhirat nope.. Soo pls think wisely..

Read more
4y ago

Of course not. I am not running away or trying to cover this up. I simply do not want to hurt them. I am already hurting them by doing what i did (being intimate before marriage). And yes, i get that i have to be responsible. But i feel that taking care of my parents feeling is also part of my responsibility as a child. But thank you anyway for your reply. It means a lot to me. :)

Dont.. the guilt will kill you each day esp since u r eventually marrying the dad.. dont think abt the society.. they will keep judging no matter what.. ur parents n parents in law will learn to put it past them one day or once they see the adorable baby face especially if it is grandkid number 1..

VIP Member

I would keep it since I am already getting married to the father of my unborn child, unless i have reservations and don't wish to be married to him. It's actually pretty common nowadays to have shotgun marriages, be it other religion or yours. Congrats on your baby, you will surely love him/her.

VIP Member

Honestly i cant advice u on keeping or not. Its your choice purely. But think twice in every decision u made. Its not easy raising a child. Pregnancy n after birth is a total different thing. Do talk things out to your family. Hope everything works well for u. Takecare!

It was a mistake, but allah is all forgiving. It will take time to accept, BUT, since you will be getting married to the same guy, in Sha Allah, both your families can accept. Amanah Allah. Baby is also rezeki. Hope you find the answer within you. :)

VIP Member

Please don’t do abortion..think about your baby who pure & innocent and concern of your health.. Abortion is big sin.. At least you’ll get married soon.. Your baby deserve to alive in this world🥺 Please get rid thinking of termination🙏🏻

Read more

Don’t terminate dear. Trust every parent here telling you that you will fall in love with your baby the moment you see him/her. I hope you find strength to keep yourself going on during this tough period, all will be worth it!

VIP Member

Since you're already getting married to your baby's daddy why is termination required? That little life in you was formed by both you and your soon-to-be hubby, it's the love between you and him!

Please dont. It took me 5 yrs aft marriage just to conceive a baby. Im sure everything happens for a reason. Tuhan tak akan bebankan kita if he believes we wont be able to get through it. Have faith.