Abortion

I hope nobody is going to judge me for asking/sharing this. I am due to get married in 2 weeks time(postponed due to situation), but just found out im 8 weeks pregnant. It’s hard as i fear this will affect my family considering my background (muslim). The thought of knowing family will be embarrassed really gets me. I am contemplating on terminating the pregnancy as i am half hearted. What would you do if you were me?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear, please consider keeping the baby as it is a life. Otherwise you’d keep having thoughts & regrets of the baby if you choose the abortion route. I’m saying this as my husband and I needed to go through IVF before successfully having our baby. Not everyone is blessed to be able to conceive naturally. Since you are already getting married in 2 weeks time nobody can really tell - you can just say the baby is premature. Consider this a wedding gift from Allah to you - it is a blessing. Please consider keeping your little one. Stay strong mummy.

Read more
4y ago

Thank you for your reply. I know my actions will definitely hurt those who have been waiting for years to experience what i am going through. I really hope i am strong enough to go through this. After all, baby will be affected too if i am not strong and depressed. But thank you once again for your reply :)