I haven't claimed my maternity benefit from SSS and I also haven't filed a maternity notification then when I was pregnant. Can I still claim the benefit? My contributions are complete, by the way.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I think you can. I'd recommend calling to inquire rather than going there personally since the lines get long and it's a hassle if you just plan on asking a question. Here's the requirements i needed when i filed for my maternity benefit: -ultrasound (your OB will attach some report to the print out) -MAT 1 form (you can get this at SSS) -SSS ID plus 2 valid IDs -if separated from a company (meaning you resigned) certificate of separation and copy of their L501... Later on, they'll also ask for another document saying that the company didn't advance your maternity pay To claim the benefit, you'd need your child's birth certificate, report from the hospital and your OB history if this isn't your first birth :)

Magbasa pa

Are you currently employed or self employed? If employed, you may ask your HR if they can still process it for you even if you haven't filed anything when you were pregnant. For self employed, you may go to the nearest SSS office to ask for assistance. In my case, I just file the Mat2 after I gave birth. Just make sure your Mat requirements are complete so they can process the benefits for you. And yes, you may still claim the benefits as long as your requirements are good to go. You have 10 years to claim it anyway.

Magbasa pa

Yes, you can. Just make sure you are contanstly paying your contributions. A friend of mine was able to file for her maternity benefit after paying the total amount of contributions for the months she wasnt able to contribute. Just also prepare all of your maternity requirements for a smooth processing of your benefit.

Magbasa pa

I think you can. I heard that when it comes to benefits, it's not that hard to request for it as opposed to filing for loans. I suggest you head to the nearest SSS branch or you may call them in their 24/7 hotline.

You can still claim maternity benefits even if you weren't able to submit your documents related to notification. But you need to submit a letter that explains why you weren't to provide the required documents.

Yes, you may! :) You kust have to deal with some paperworks explaining why you weren't able to claim it before and providing some proof like your medical papers when you were pregnant.

Yes. As long as requirements are complete, your SSS maternity benefit is still claimable within 10 years. I got that information from an SSS employee when I was processing my benefit.

Yes. Pwede mo nga makuha yun kahit 10 years old na baby mo e.