Is it I must have a balanced diet or what I eat have to be full nutrition if I'm breastfeeding? Is it what I ate will be fully passed to breastmilk? I keep my diet well like eat more fish and no snacks no any spicy no any gassy food until LO 6-7months. Now I start to back to normal diet. Doest it mean that my breastmilk will lack of nutrition now?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Kudos to u for keeping it diet so in check for so long. The food u take will affect the taste of ur bm but not so much about the nutrients that u consider it lack of nutrients because the bm receive the best parts of ur diet - and u are left with whatever that is left of it. So a balance, varied diet would be best in the long run - so that baby can taste food thru u on top of what u might be feeding him. But of course stay away from alcohol for the first year.

Read more

Hi, your diet would affect the taste of your bm, but the nutrients in your bm would come from you rather than your diet. Meaning, if you eat poorly, your bm will still be nutritious as it draws the nutrients from your body, but the mother's health may be affected. You cms refer to more info here: http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-diet/#nutrients

Read more

just eat everything in moderation and take note of milk killers!