How Often Do You Eat Out/Homecooked Food during pregnancy and to maintain healthy weight gain

I’m in second trimester now. During first trimester I lost my appetite to have proper meals but crave and eat many unhealthy snacks. Full time working mum and don’t have time and energy to cook so eating out or delivery food most of times. 😢 Not sure how to keep healthy balanced diet and maintain good weight gain. #advicepls #pregnancy #diet

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

wfh. thus Mon to Fri cooked lunch myself (simple meals like soup with ingredient and rice or porridge). dinner are takeaway/delivery. weekend meals also takeaway or delivery. as I can't stand cooking, oily, smoke smell during pregnancy thus didn't want family members cooking. 😂 requested for wfh since 2mths pregnant as I had ms and can't stand other people's food smell when eating at office desk.

Read more

I just follow my cravings. If I want macdonalds or some food, I eat out. Otherwise I just cook at home over the weekends. Simple rice, egg, canned food (Cos I can't cook others 🤣) Now I am week 39, throughout my pregnancy I only gain like 4kg to 5kg from my previous weight. I also walk for about 30minutes after meal times if too full.

Read more

I eat normally. I eat home cooked food as much as outside food. The key is portion control and cutting down the sweet stuff. I eat multi vitamins as supplements.