I have been trying to have a baby for sometime (2ys to be precise) but it's just not happening for me! I am told the next best option is IVF. Can anybody share their experience of the same? Because I am quite disheartened.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is easy to lose hope and be disheartened, especially when ppl ard you are getting preggy but not you. Discuss with your spouse on the idea of fertility treatments.. Usually, doctors will assess your situation and start off with hormone pills like Clomid or Letrozole. If it doesn't work, then IUI and lastly IVF. IVF is indeed very challenging and takes a toll on both of you, physically, mentally and financially. Our first IVF gave me a phobia cos it revealed the unsupportive side of my husband as he was grieving on the negative results. Each time I spoke abt the 1st IVF, I would cry. We went through these for 7 years and in between it got so depressing that we took a break for a year or 2. Eventually, we worked out our expectations and restarted on our IVF journey this year with a better mindset and thankfully, we got pregnant. You can take a break but don't give up..

Read more