I have been married for over 3 years now, but I still feel no love for my husband. Plus, he gets extremely agitated and sometimes even violent if I merely refer to his parents. I feel trapped in this relationship that is clearly not going anywhere! What should I do?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should speak your mind and tell him that it is not acceptable. Sorry for being so blunt, but unless you take a stand for yourself, no one else will. I cannot blame you for not feeling any love for your husband, if this is the kind of relationship you have. Are you in the relationship for social and financial security? If you are feeling trapped and know that there is no future, have you considered moving out? Maybe you should discuss about it with your parents or sibling(s)? Even though you may feel they may not support you, there is no harm in trying. You can also visit a divorce lawyer to understand what happens in such cases. And one thing that you should definitely focus on from now, is to try and make yourself financially strong, so that you do not have to be dependent on anyone. Lots of best wishes and hugs to you!

Read more