I have been exclusively pumping for 3 months and decided to latch my baby again. thankfully she did, however, she seems to be pacifying and not swallowing milk. after that I would still need to top up 100+ml of ebm in bottle. any tips on how to encourage her to drink from the breast? thank you.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Had a friend who managed to latch her baby again after stopping (due to medical reasons). She was sharing with us that what helped was paying attention to her baby's hunger cues and offering the breasts at any chance possible. However, be careful not to force the baby to drink if he/she resists. Will take some time, but hopefully, baby will be breastfeeding again soon. Think it's a good sign that your baby has no problem latching despite not drinking much for now. You can try feeding when your baby is about to fall asleep as his/her drinking may be more instinctive. Good luck!!

Read more

Good to hear that baby is latching again. Practice makes perfect. They would require some time to adjust back to latching. Don't give up, you can do it mummy! Well, nurse your baby as often as it's require, preferably nursing on demand like me. I feed baby almost on an hourly basis ... Super tiring but it's all worth it cos it's the special bonding you have.

Read more

Hi It's a good start to let baby latch again. Even baby just use as pacifier, continue to offer your breast whenever you have the chance. Try nightfeeding or dreamfeeding ..the chances is higher. Baby will eventually slowly want back direct latching. So, you just gotta be patient and determine to withstand the transition.

Read more