6 weeks old drink and vomit

My LO is 6 weeks now, and I bottle feed expressed breast milk mostly, only latch like once a day. Since 1 week ago, she’s been more gassy and I managed to do massage to tone it down. However these few days have been headache for me cause she keep on asking for more but she will vomit (not spitting out, it’s vomiting) after that, and ask for more again right after the vomit

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It sounds like your little one is having some issues with feeding and vomiting. This can be concerning, but there are a few things you can try to help alleviate the situation. Firstly, it's important to ensure that your baby is not taking in too much milk too quickly. It might be helpful to try shorter, more frequent feeding sessions to avoid overfeeding. Burp your baby regularly during feeding to help release any trapped air that could be causing the vomiting. Since your baby is gassy, continue with the massage as it can help with digestion and gas relief. You can also try different feeding positions to see if that helps reduce the vomiting. If the issue persists, it might be a good idea to consult your pediatrician to rule out any underlying medical conditions that could be causing the vomiting. They can provide tailored advice based on your baby's specific needs. In the meantime, make sure to monitor your baby's weight gain and overall health. If you have concerns about milk supply or feeding techniques, consider reaching out to a lactation consultant for further support. Remember, every baby is different, and it's normal to face challenges along the way. Hang in there, and remember to take care of yourself too during this time. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more