A sense of guilt sending my kid to infant care

I have always been very career and money driven but I draw a modest pay. Often, my wife would remind me that money is not everything. I would gently agree to placate her. Today it felt like money is everything. An hour ago, I ended my third day orientation at my child’s infant care. I met the teachers whom are nice people. All the kids in the centre surprisingly are all Chinese. And their parents, like myself are perhaps busy working to make ends meet. It was a sad sight because it looks like a orphanage where kids are ‘discarded’ during office hours. A sense of guilt hit me. It became real that I had also discarded my child. And I thought to myself : if I had been more competent, studied harder or had worked smarter and had a higher earning power, my wife can choose to be a stay home mother instead of having to work to support our joint expenses. Yes money is everything. As the saying goes, if money doesn’t bring you happiness, you don’t know where to shop. So men, believe that money is everything. Money can buy your wife the freedom to stay home to look after your child, to enjoy your child, to spend her time during the best years of your child’s life.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dun feel so think at the positive side, my girl was send on 2 mths plus n done she is ald 2 years old can speak alot of words n more sociable.