Muslim baby boy names

I have 2 elder kids, and tbh, no issues in getting a name for them. But this 3rd one proves to be a challenge. My hb searched a name for my 1stborn son, and the name he chose connected with me instantly, and the meaning behind the name was nice. Something I really like... My 2nd one, daughter, I already have a name in mind. So upon reading up for the meaning, I instantly connected with it, too. But my 3rd one, boy. And no names come up. Nothing at all. I've been browsing and looking at all the names, but nothing. There is no connection at all... Now at 32 weeks, and I'm kinda worried. I gave birth at 35 weeks and 37 weeks for my son and daughter. I'm worried my 3rd one comes out nameless. 😅My hb got suggestions, but I don't 'feel' connected to the names he has suggested. Am I the only one feeling this way? Pls tell me it's my anxiety creeping in... 😮‍💨 #advicepls #pleasehelp #muslimbabyboynames #anxiety

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hii! i was in the same predicament with my first baby too! i didnt even have a name for her even after i gave birth. i only had a name came to me when i was doing Qur'an recitation on the 7th day postpartum that i instantly connected to, and i felt that name was truly her 😊 hvg my 2nd baby soon (at 32 wks) and still have yet to come up w any name haha. All the best to us mummy! 😂

Read more
1y ago

Hi mummy! It is assuring to know that there's someone out there feeling what I felt... I almost felt that I was abnormal for feeling that way - the importance of 'connecting' to the name given to the baby. And yes, I just delivered 3 days ago, and when my Dr placed my baby in my arms, I instantly knew which name I wanted my baby to have. My hb also agreed to the name, and yes. It was an instant connection. 😊 All the best and smooth delivery to u. May you find a name for your second. ❤️

Well then keep looking as long as the there's meaning towards the name choosen. Perhaps just your feelings of anxiety and closer to date or maybe the thoughts that you might give birth early and no names in mind. You can maybe look through again and ensure it suits you. To me no need the connection or feel, but maybe the meaning behind it and simple to pronounce and not 'heavy'

Read more
1y ago

thank you!

First of all, congratulations on your 3rd child! These are my thoughts. - short name - has a beautiful meaning to it - relatively easy to pronounce All the best for your delivery! Bismillah :)

Read more
1y ago

Coincidentally, our 1st baby who was born on 4 Dec 2022 - his name also means kind hearted :)

There are lots of nice Muslim names! Take yr time to google or ask suggestions from yr family members. I’m sure they can provide few nice ones. :) congrats on yr 3rd one !

1y ago

thank you! 😊