I have an 11yr old daughter and expecting that she will start to have her monthly visitor within the year. I am a weekend dad. What and how should we prepare for this? She knows this already and she does not like it. Thanks!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
VIP Member

Tough one but it's another milestone for your little princess. I would suggest that since she is entering the puberty stage, it would be best to bring her to her female cousins or titas whom she can get advice in dealing with her first monthly period. If only because it will be awkward for her (and maybe you, too) to discuss preparation and even choosing what napkins to buy, etc. But it is a good thing to know that you are there to support her every step of the way.

Magbasa pa

I grew up with my dad and what he did was let my grandma take care of everything. But of course, it may help if you educate her in some things she could understand, like it's a normal part of growing up and don't she fret whenever it comes. Some girls get scared because it's blood and they might think there's something wrong with them. How about buying her a starter pack? That will be cute hehe.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

Oh...there's a starter pack???