Miscarriage at week 8 experience (bleeding in pregnancy)

I just had a miscarriage on my supposedly 8.5 weeks. 1st appointment and ultra-scanned was at 7.5 weeks and fetus was measured to be at 5.5 weeks instead. I highly do recommend mom-to-be especially 1st time mom to set an appointment with a gynae as soon as you find out that you’re pregnant. I was late as i assumed mine would be normal and made appointment for week 8 as we wanted to hear baby heartbeat at first ultrasound (knew my pregnancy since week 4) Day 1 of bleeding (week 7) - I started with brown bleeding and thought everything was ok as it was light. Friends too assured me saying it was ‘norm’. Went A&E KKH and somehow the bleeding stopped by itself for that night. Doctor did NOT prescribed me with any medication saying its ‘normal’ and that taking folic acid was enough. The bleeding (brownish) continued the next day and was light for the next 6 days. Day 2 - still brown light bleeding Day 6 - 1st day of supposed appointment at week 7.5. Gynae measured foetus and said there was no heart beat. She said based on the measurement the baby was at 5.5 weeks instead of 7.5. Gynae said either baby was still small or baby just stopped growing at week 5.5 (as my menses was regular). Gynae also mentioned “not to put my hopes too high” as i mentioned the bleeding to her. But being a 1st time mom, seeing the pregnancy sac and egg in the scan gave me a slight of hope. Day 7- first day of bleeding in red and with clots. I went back to A&E KKH and was still told “everything is fine”. This visit included ultrascan. Somehow I was not satisfied and went to my gynae the next day. Day 8- Gynae told me she highly suspected miscarriage. She mentioned my body is rejecting the pregnancy and true enough on that day I had very bad contraction. It was so painful till I cried. The physical pain empowered the mental pain 😢 I am lucky in a way that my husband has been there for me giving moral support. Day 9 - I bleed out chunks of blood clots and the egg yolk. It was super sad as i was able to see small spine and leg on the yolk. Day 10 - cramp started to feel alot lesser after the clots came out. Day 15 - another scan with gynae to ensure there is nothing left in the womb and started my post natal massage and confinement. If u do noticed any similar symptoms, please do not take it lightly. BLEEDING IN A PREGNANCY IS NOT NORMAL. Go to a trustworthy gynae and I strongly dont suggest KKH A&E as the doctors there are not experienced, well atleast not for my case. Sharing the above story hoping it will help in a way to some others out there. ❤️

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

this brought back so much memories had almost the same experience as yours last year and was in kkh. doc kept saying baby either too small, come back in a week or bleeding is normal blablabla. until i had severe contractions and pass out the pregnancy at A&E while waiting to get checked. thankfully i am pregnant again now and told husb i dont want kkh anymore. i dont care if it was just my luck or what but lets try another hosp 😅 but yes, i agree bleeding in pregnancy is not normal. if you dont feel good, go to the hosp asap and ask ask ask them to provide u proper details and not say okay when its not. it was a traumatic experience for me hope no one goes thru it ♥️♥️♥️

Read more