Spotting / Bleeding in 1st Trimester

Usually how long does spotting/bleeding last during the 1st trimester? Doctor prescribed me with dydrogesterone for 2 weeks. Its almost 6 days since I took it 3 times a day. @ times the spotting is in very light brown and @ times its dark. This only happens whenever I pee and there is no trace of any spotting / bleeding in the pad/pentyliner. Next gynaecologist appointment is on 11 Apr 2023. Any mummies out there when through the same? Feeling very anxious as back in Oct'22 I had a miscarriage. Worried that history might repeat again 😢 #pleasehelp #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I’m bleeding almost 2 weeks now with some cloths & recently had mucus feel cramp :( I went to A&E KKH on 26th March but they said no problem and didn’t even prescribe me anything.. I’m waiting for my first gynae appt on 6th April! This is my second pregnancy and my first was no spotting or bleeding at all. I’m worried too 😔

Read more
1y ago

I'm so sorry for ur lost... 😞 by God's grace things will get better for u... hang in there... on the 5th Apr, I bleed some fresh blood, and went to SGH A&E, docotor there did abdominal and vaginal scan, they could see the fetal pole measuring at 2.6cm and base on scan I'm pregnant only for 5weeks6days. so its still early to have heart beat... told me to continue taking dydrogesterone and see my gyne on 11 Apr... unsure on why there is bleeding and did told me if I continue bleed, high chances of me passing out the tissue... I'm extremely very scared as yesterday did have some clots... hopping that the next scan my baby is still there growing... I'm not sure if I'm able to go through another miscarriage

This might be implantation bleeding, is normal don’t worry. I rush to hosp when I had brown discharge and doctor said is ok. And try to bed rest more it might reduce the discharge too, that’s mine. But if you have cramp or bleed in red must go and check.

1y ago

I'm hoping that it's implantation bleeding too... trying my best not to worry.. but its easier said then done...

2 years back i bled for v long n was on duphaston v long too. But i gavw birth to a healthy baby

1y ago

But initially i had spotting n didnt know i was pregnant.. then i had tear because i shopped whole day 🤣 after that it took v long.. i rmb eating duphaston until 2nd tri