I had a cup of matcha in the evening (Nescafé capsule). How long must I wait to be able to latch baby directly? Have been pumping and intend to use the immediate 2 sessions after the matcha in the day time for fear of any residual caffeine in them

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How old is your baby? I love matcha and sometimes latch baby almost immediately after drinking. The caffeine in Nescafe capsule is relatively low. Again, it all depends on how your baby reacts to caffeine. A baby who is being overstimulated by caffeine is a wide-eyed, active, alert baby who doesn’t sleep for long. He may also be unusually fussy. If your baby seems particularly wakeful or fussy and there is a significant amount of caffeine in your diet, you might want to cut back or stop the caffeine for 2-3 weeks to see if it makes a difference. If you cut out caffeine, consider decreasing it slowly since abruptly stopping caffeine can result in headaches or other symptoms. If caffeine stimulation is a problem for baby, it may take a few days to a week after mom eliminates caffeine for baby to become less fussy.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5467)

well, for me, i will latch as and when baby requires milk. don't worry about the caffine. eat/drink everything in moderation and it should be fine. so far, my kids are fine.

Read more

Some babies are more sensitive to caffeine. You can still latch as per normal and monitor your baby.

VIP Member

4 cups a day is alot, caffeine not good during pregnancy..